Saturday, February 23, 2008

Nostalgic Corvallis

I love Corvallis! I should say, WE love Corvallis... Ryan was raised there and I (a child of many moves) have spent more time there than I have any other place on Earth. On such a beautiful, sunny day, it was especially wonderful to make the drive into town. Ryan's dad and step-mom still live there, which gives us great reason to make the trip. We met out at Peavy Arboretum for a short hike and picnic lunch. Its the first time we have brought the kids with us, on a hike Ryan and I took many times while dating. The kids, dogs and adults enjoyed it! N, E and the G'rents in their backyard

Watching Strider fetch his dummies from the pond
Emerson was in heaven - dogs outnumbered humans 2-1. :-) I think he may have literally said "dog" at least a hundred times.
Norah was considering jumping in this puddle...sneaky...
Strider, the wonder-lab
Jones barely got his feet wet, but it was all we could do to keep Emerson out of the water. Norah kept herself attached to Grandpa.



After our hike we headed over to Grandpa and Gramma's house to hang out for a while. Emerson and I took the opportunity to sneak off to the OSU bookstore for souveniers - or investment pieces, as I like to think of it. We are investing in N&E's future attendance there. Emerson is sporting his first Beavers cap (most unhappy that I was taking his pic) and yes, I did recieve a few comments regarding the terrible green that he was sporting in Beaver-land. Lots of things have gone to the OS, from OSU. Is it just me? When I see that I think Operating System, not Oregon State. Nonetheless, we proudy wear our orange.
Grandpa's backyard is so neat - he has built several beautiful Japanese-inspired features, in addition to gorgeous landscaping. We'd like to have him move in with us as our permanent groundskeeper. :-)


No comments: