Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Art Group

Norah went to an art class this afternoon. A children's store holds classes for children her age and every week they focus on different artists and styles. She really enjoyed the experience - and was very concentrated and meticulous in her style. It was cute to peek in on her!

I must say, this looks better in the photo than in real life. :-) That said, she did a great job! She learned about different kinds of brush strokes and color mixing (she's been testing me on that ever since - red and blue make what? and so on), water colors and crayons (or whatever the art equivalent is). Pretty cool!

So excited to tell me all about it

Norah really likes to dress up and is very interested in earrings. The shop had magnetic ones, so we compromised and got those for her. Now I am worried about her swallowing them and perforating her organs, but that's just the over-protective mother in me. :-) We had a good long talk about never putting them in our mouths because they could poke holes in her body. So now she's telling people that her earrings are dangerous and can make your belly button bleed. I hope I don't totally warp her before she is four...

1 comment:

Brian and Schabahn said...

For the paranoid mom (and aren't we all), tiny stickers make wonderful earrings!