Thursday, February 21, 2008

Esther Short Park

Another great day for a Vancouver Park visit - this time to downtown at Esther Short Park. Great downtown/small town atmosphere!

Sitting on the Propstra Square rock - know who its named after?? Answer at the end of the post - or do some research at the link here. :-)http://www.columbian.com/history/profiles/Georgepropstra.cfm

Emerson thought this curb was his very own balance beam. He climbed up then very carefully walked his way down it, periodically stopping to clap for his progress. His personality is beginning to pop out!

Aunt Katie and Josie. Josie was full of spunk and fun today as well. She gets bonus points for spotting me when we first arrived, then running as fast as she could to have me pick her up. She kept climbing across our picnic blankets to sit in my lap - at one point she backed up and sat on Norah's sandwich during the process. She also seems to understand everything we say, so we'll really need to watch ourselves. She and Emerson are only a few months apart in age. As the older woman, Josie keeps E on his toes. Actually, she usually shoves him over when he's in her way. That's a girl I can identify with.
Swings are always a favorite for the Skogen clan - I think we could spend our entire time there. However, I enjoy exhausting the kids by running them all over the toys, so have to boot them off the swings.
The biggest slide EVER with Hadley and Norah. Everyone took turns - Uncle Neil carried Josie and Emerson up and slid them down like torpedos - no worries, Katie and I were at the bottom to catch them. :-)
Going on an adventure around the block

Aunt Katie found a rainbow
Cute as ever, Miss Hadley Bug. She is my cuddly little neice as well - always wants to hang out with me. I wish the rest of the world liked me as much as my sweet neices do!
Hadley and Norah are both three, although Hadley will be turning four in a few weeks. Norah loves having a cousin her age - and we love having her live so close by!
Not to drop names or anything, but here is Uncle Neil and his very good friend Ike.
When is this baby coming? Aunt Dannelle is starting to look pregnant - any guess on when little Don (yeah, I'm naming him after me) will arrive?

George Propstra is the founder of my fave fast food place - BURGERVILLE!



No comments: