Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Norah's First Day of Preschool (aka, How to Make Mama Cry Like a Baby)


Today was Norah's first day of preschool! She picked out her outfit and backpack with much care.

Emerson had to get in on the photo action!
Whoa, that flag is really far up there.
Our big girl, all ready to go! I lifted her out of the car, turned to close the door, turned back as I heard her say, Bye Mom! Apparently she wasn't too upset to have us leave her there without us. Too bad for her, we had to come in and take a peek. :-)
Norah and Hadley. Yes! Hadley is enrolled at the same school, great news for these best friends. It looks like Norah already has the sorority photo pose mastered. ;-)

Katie and Hadley

After I picked Norah up from school I was trying to help her put her backpack on. She told me to leave it slung over one shoulder, she was wearing it that way because thats how dad wears his to work.
Lining up to head into the classroom

Listening to her teacher - a good sign. We left after she settled in for story time. Sad for me, so happy for her!
Emerson and I enjoyed some one-on-one time while Norah was at school. Since we had to go to the store (lame activity for him) I let him ride in the super duper back seat, which is so fun because it is usually a big no-no. As you can see, he made the most of it.
E reads this book over and over in the car - I can't believe its held his attention for so long!

No comments: