Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

We were blessed to host our 2nd annual Thanksgiving celebration today - and were so lucky to celebrate with my mom, grandparents and younger brother, Kodiak. Norah went on a crazy/happy running spree when everyone arrived. She ran around and around the table for at least a full half hour! Her excitement for company seems endless - plus she becomes ecstatic when Grammy Peggy is over. Come bedtime, she was exhausted!

Last year we hosted almost my entire immediate family (I think there were around 15) , so this was much more laid back. I decided to take the brave step and cook a traditional Thanksgiving dinner - even my first turkey! Although a little gross in the preperation process, I was so happy with how it turned out. I spent the day cooking (not something you often hear from me!) and really enjoyed it. I made turkey, sage and carmelized onion cornbread stuffing, fancy green beens, sweet sherry mashed yams, citrus-infused cranberries, smashed red potatoes, and gravy. Mom brought rolls, pumkin pie and our family's traditional spinach dish and Grandpa brought a peanut butter chocolate pie that he made himself...we'll take that with a grain of salt. :-) Mmmm...it was all so good I am going to have to go back for more. Great Grandpa and Norah, barely holding still
Great Grandma and Norah - still barely holding still!

Taking some time to digest...have to make room for all that pie!

No comments: