Monday, August 11, 2008

What did you say???

Favorite quotes from Norah...

After putting her to bed – repeatedly – “Mama, you have to promise not to be mean to me EVER again.” Go back to bed right now. “Not yet, I still have to talk to you. Will you be mean to me when you close the gate up (the baby gate across the doorway)? No, I’ll be nice to you. “Oh. OK, that’s ok.” 2/3/08
****
While washing hair – “Please don’t do that ever again. It will be so scary and take out the twinkle in my eye…” Norah 1/5/08
****
“And then I called the Dr and the Dr said you have a little puppy in your tummy! So I went to the Dr and that baby puppy rolled out!” Norah 1/11/2008
****
While mom and dad enforce bedtime - “I love you and I don’t want you to be mean to me. I am a talker and I will take care of you. I love you very much.” Norah 1/22/2008
****
(Norah, lying on the couch because she keeps waking up her cousins, who are sleeping in her room) My feet can’t touch the floor? That’s weeeeeird. Hmm. Can my finger touch the floor? What about my head? Can my head touch the floor? (No, no part of your body can touch the floor) That’s weeeeird. Can my book touch the floor? Norah 1/17/2008
****
When asking for cheese – Mama, I don’t want the sprinkles, I want the floppy one that I can wave around. (aka, a slice) 11/24/2007
****
Takes off one of her shoes and waving it around – when asked what she is doing – “I am humping. (WHAT??? What did you say??) I am humping! It’s a whale. I am humping.” 11/25/07
****
My heart is by my naked nibbles (aka nipples). 03/21/08
****
“Dad, come on, the sweets are waiting for us to eat them” (sneaky - When mom is upstairs and they are alone downstairs) 3/29/08
****
“I dressed my doggie up like Cinderella so she could be beautiful like me. She is really adorable! Oh my gosh, her mamma (aka Norah) is freaking out, she is so adorable.” 4/2/08
****
Do you know where bees make honey? (Beehives.) You are correct! So Pooh bear can eat it, course. 5/4/08
****
May I just make ONE point??? 5/9/08
****
While carrying her on my shoulders, during a loooong hike. I asked her to quit choking me. “ Mama, I’m not choking you, I’m protecting your neck from the sun.” 7/13/2008
****
Showing me little girl accessories at Gymboree. “Mom, this is so stinkin’ cute. Its so darn adorable!” 7/13/2008
****
After spending quite some time making her bed with all her fancy blankets, pillows and dolls. “ It’s a Fancy Nancy Norah bed. It’s for enchanted fairy princesses. You guys have a plain bedroom. I have a fancy bedroom!” 7/13/2008
****
“Mom, how do babies come out of your belly button?” (I am deer in headlights, not knowing what to say…) “A baby doesn’t come out of your belly button, a doctor helps it come out of a special baby hole.” YEAH, I came up with the term BABY HOLE!!! Argh. 07/16/08 While playing with her stuffed animals the next day “This is my little friend Mor (most of her made up names somehow relate to her own - Nor, Norf, Mor, etc.). She has a little baby in her belly that came out of her baby hole. Isn’t she so stinkin’ cute?” Oh my…I don’t think I will ever live that down!
****
Norah, Emerson and I are rushing through Barnes and Noble, trying to make an emergency potty trip. I accidentally shove a stack of books off a table, whisper “dammit” under my breath, then pick them up and run on. Moments later Norah knocks a book bag off a shelf, whispers “dammit”, then hangs it back up and keeps running. I am flunking motherhood this week! 7/17/2008
****
Jones growls at Norah as she tries to pet him “Awww, he purred at me. That was a friendly little hello.” 07/18/2008
****
Momma, its just hard for me to stand up when I am dancing through the world”. Norah 7/27/2008

Emersons current fave words...
Kinky – binkey
Buts – button
Pane – plane
Dogk – Dog
Kyak – Kodiak
Ite – Light
Keek – kick
Mama
Dadt - Dad
Ima – Gramma
Chooch – Choo choo train
Jnse - Jones
Nnna - Norah
Nana – banana
Chich – Chicken
Ot! – hot
This and That – just like it sounds...

4 comments:

Brian and Schabahn said...

I too think the sweets are waiting for us. I don't think you could ever flunk motherhood, swear words and all.

Grammie Cakes said...

Heather
I really enjoy these

Dannelle said...

What a silly girl.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting these hilarious quotes! I've had one rough day with Colin having an ear infection...poor kiddo. You've helped brighten my day! -Lyn