Monday, August 04, 2008

Clark County Fair 2008 - Day One

Today was our first day at the 2008 county fair - it was a HOT day with plenty to see. Norah, E and I arrived at 10:30 and left at 5, managing to meet up with most of the local Butler family at some point during the day. Everyone entered something and all came away with ribbons and prizes - Norah received blue ribbons for her Choc Chip Cookies (2nd time recipients!) and beaded bracelet and also received a Best in Show (reserve) ribbon on a great piece of artwork. Emerson made his first entry, a picture titled Lines, Lines, Lines - you'll have to check out the pics - and was awarded a fabulous, multi-colored participants ribbon. I even entered a couple of photos! Yep, we rock.
Our faves from day one...
Snakes
Fire Engines
Pony Rides
Alligators
Tortoises
Silly Pictures
Face Painting
Balloon creations
Irish Sundaes
Corn Dogs
Ribbons
Scary Rides
Not-so-scary Rides
and Family!

3 comments:

Dannelle said...

This was so much fun to go to. We wish we could of stayed longer!

Rosie's Blog said...

I wish I could have gone in the first place. It is one of my favorite things to do all year.

Brian and Schabahn said...

Never has the fair looked more cute/fun! I want to know more about the photos you entered. I love the one of Norah walking thru the grass.