Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Baking Bread, Going Shopping

Norah and I had a chance to go out to lunch with my Aunt Kaye - we had a blast! Norah was showered with all sorts of fun and cute presents, much to her delight. She loves her new mini-backpack and dress up clothes and I love the new outfits that she can now wear about town. She also has the most adorable pink rainboots that will be seeing a lot of use now that we are into the rainy season. We were spoiled - thank you Aunt Kaye! Tomorrow I'll post pics of Norah in her princess outfit.

Today Norah and I spent time at Grandma Peggy's house. While I worked on sewing up Norah's Halloween costume, Norah helped Grandma around the house. She kept an eye on the hamster while Grammy cleaned out its home (scary, I was afraid she'd try to throw the rolling hamster ball). The hamster is actually Uncle Kodiak's and is Norah's namesake. Kodiak decided that they had the same color hair and named her Norah H (as in Hamster). You can just imagine the confusion that creates for Norah S!

Norah also had her first experience with baking homemade bread. Grandma set her up with her own mini cinnamon and sugar loaf. Her favorite part was kneading flour into the dough. She was so delighted with the entire activity!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So cute spending baking time with Grammy and that she got her own mini loaf is just so fun!